Followers

Monday 19 November 2012

Part 8: Usability

A) Yes, the navigation's on my portfolio design are easy to find read understand and click.  The navigation's are easy to fin and read because all the titles are typed in bright colours and easy to read fonts.  They are easy to understand because in my starting design I used titles that were easy to understand what would appear when they are clicked on.  However when creating my portfolio I may decide to change the title names to make them more creative.  Finally the navigation's are easy to click on because when I designed it I made sure to chose large areas so that no matter what device the viewer was using there would be a big enough space to open each page.

B) Yes I think my design does a fairly good job at telling people where they are.  I have done this by including the title of the page visibly on the page.  However, when I create my portfolio I will include my name and a return button clearly on each page, as right now they are not visible.  

C) I think that the information about me and my work is very clearly and legibly presented.  I think that the profile information is legible and very clearly presented.  I think that by having it fill the page the viewer can focus strictly on that and is not distracted by background text or photos.  When I finish and include my art resume and artist statement I will go with the same idea, of limiting background information to keep the viewer focused on my information.

D) The design for my portfolio is very creative through the colour scheme, and overall theme of my portfolio.  I think that by using a bright colour scheme and the personal theme of fall and outdoors, I have made a personal and creative portfolio.  I think that by connecting my portfolio design to something personal that it will help it to stand apart from the crowd.  I also think that by shaping the things included into my theme (ex. the art photos being shaped like leaves) that it will be seen as original and different from the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment