Followers

Sunday 16 December 2012

Part 10: Artist Statement

Emma Illerbrunn
Formosa, Ontario, Canada
emma_12@live.ca

Artist Statement
     I believe that when creating a piece of art you should be as creative and expressive as possible; your artwork should be a reflection of yourself.  However, I believe that expression is not just limited to the kind of art that you create, but that you can express yourself through techniques, colours, etc.  I was inspired to create art by need for self expression and creativity.  As an artist I wish to show my viewers who I am through my art pieces.

     To make my art, I try to always have fun, since I find that this makes the piece more creative and expressive.  I also find that by having fun while creating art, you will be happier with the end result; I know that I am.  When starting a new piece I like to start with a very basic idea as to how I'd like my piece to look and I work from there.  However, I very rarely follow my original idea since as I work through the project I get new ideas or inspirations that pull me in different directions. I also like to try new techniques and/or programs when working on different projects, so that I can keep my art pieces different and interesting for the viewers.

     For my most recent pieces, I was really inspired to show that all people in our world are equal and deserve to be treated that way.  In the recent piece I have done I feel that the piece that shows this in the most interesting way would be my culture jammer, Pepsi Next With Babies.  I truly feel that this piece, through exploiting the tragic use of aborted babies in Pepsi drinks, shows that people are not treated equally because of their development.  

No comments:

Post a Comment